Helpless. Limited. Stuck.

My sister (from ibobpebteach.blogspot.com)  planned a road trip for my family a few years ago. We took my parents' SUV and the Mazda. We were probably two or three states away from Wisconsin when the SUV was at the edge of its life. In a household of mainly girls, none of us knew what to do; we waited for my dad. I hate the fact that I've always expected my parents to have all the answers to life, ever since I was a child to even now. I mean, we the children were better candidates to get help because we spoke the language.

Anyway, we sat and waited there like little kids again, waiting for my parents to solve the problem. That was when I felt helpless. I knew nothing about cars, how was going to help my dad? It also hit me that my parents must've felt this way so many times when I wanted an answer/help from them that they didn't have the answers to. It's really crazy how you change from knowing the world to knowing nothing at all as you grow. Kind of like trusting and thinking the world (more like people) is kind. ...and it's heartbreaking when it's not. :( Life can be so unfair :'(

I felt so limited at that point. My dad was the only candidate/option to rely my needs on. This feeling motivated me to work so hard in life, be academic or just work. I never want to feel limited in life for any reason. I don't want to be limited to what kind of jobs I can apply for. I don't want to be limited to just my job; I don't want to just rely on my job for the rest of my life. As a future parent, I don't want to tell my kids 'can't'. I learned from a lot of job application research that "We are all temporary employees," no matter how long we commit or have been at a job. Sadly, nothing is truly promise in life.

Lastly, my family was stuck (just for like 3 hours). Being stuck-not moving forward- is the worst feeling; you're just waiting for it to be over. It feels like a boundary you can't get across. I just never want to feel that way, whether it’s my job, success, or relationships. I mean, life happens, but you have to make an execution plan. I’m grateful to live a limitless life at the moment and look for challenges where I can. Fortunately, I make enough to pay for the resources I need.

Something can always be done. That can be my down fall sometimes; I’m not a quitter where my heart is willing. For example, I was going to settle for a 26 hour drive to GA and back, but I didn’t have to be stuck with that. Instead, I kept an eye on flight tickets. You can do anything in life. You don’t have to feel helpless. You don’t have to be limited with your resource. You don’t have to be stuck in your situation if you don’t like it. I leave you with these quotes to make progress in life:

“Falling down is how we grow. Staying down is how we die.” – Brian Vaszily 

“Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong


For reading today’s blog, I’ll share my dream with you all. I just want to blog and vlog and generate income from a food stand that gives me a reason to travel, hoping I find a job that’s part time but comes with full time benefits…hey, that’s my current job, lol. I can work like 30 hours here and still qualify. Lol! I can work like 8 hrs/4day and have Fridays off! Wow!!! This entry was awesome. See, life can be done :D thank you for reading like always.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram