Your Future is Created by What You do Today


What does this mean?

I learned this the hard way. It was my sophomore year in college when I needed two recommendation letters for a summer scholarship application. After two years of school, I couldn't find anyone to write me any genuine recomendation letters. Without those letters, my application would be incomplete. I continued my search for the 2nd recommendation letter and found one. The lesson I learned from this encounter was obvious; get to know people and get out there. We hear it all the time but we don't do much. I failed to work on building relationships with my professors and advisers to write me those recommendation letters in the future. After this incident, I became more involved with my campus, took on leadership roles, and built relationships with professors and advisors. It is so important that you get involve with your campus or community to provide real evidence of your abilities. Participate more in class, so your professor can easily write a recommendation letter of your eagerness to learn. Volunteer for your community to show that you're passionate in your community's growth. Your future is created by what you do today, so get out there!

In the future, as you apply for jobs, are you prepared for those questions? How do you respond to these common interview questions? According to forbes.com, these are a few of the top 50 interview questions:

  • What Are Your Weaknesses?
  • Why Should We Hire You?
  • What Are Your Goals?
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
  • Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
  • Discuss your educational background.
  • Tell me how you handled a difficult situation.
  • Are you a leader or a follower?
  • What are some of your leadership experiences?
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step

What kind of steps are you taking toward your future? Please share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram