Peace

I came across this photo today and it was so accurate to how I've started to see life's turnout. Last Friday, I received unexpected news about my job and was really shocked. I was pretty much miserable all weekend because I didn't really know what to do with my life from it. But once I thought about what to do with my new free time, I became really happy. I even thought about going to Thailand for a whole month! That's the most important thing I want to do in life.

I realized that ever since I graduated, I thought, Once I find a job, I'll save money and live happily ever after. It took me forever to get to my job today to feel like I've reached success. But of all the jobs I've ever had, this one isn't the top of the list. I'm not miserable, but I'm just saying that I kept telling myself to wait for peace. Once I make more. Once I have more time. Once this. Once that. However, the news over the weekend made me realized the peace in everything I always had. I will never ever think that a job plays a single role in my life. Less hours? I only get to make videos and blog. No health insurance? It's fine for now, but not if I had a family. No job? That's fine. I'll travel for a month and then look for a new one when I come back. I'm not, will never, and refuse to be threatened or monopolized.

Anyway, got a better call back today about the situation and things are looking a little better. Sometimes, darkness happens so you remember to appreciate the light. Sometimes, bad things happen to good people. Sometimes, you win. Sometimes, you lose. Whatever the situation is, keep moving and stay positive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram