Wildest Dreams


He said, "Let's get out of this town, Drive out of the city, away from the crowds."
I thought heaven can't help me now. Nothing lasts forever, but this is gonna take me down

Say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress, Staring at the sunset, babe,
Red lips and rosy cheeks, Say you'll see me again
Even if it's just in your wildest dreams, oh, wildest dreams, oh, ah.

I said, "No one has to know what we do," His hands are in my hair, his clothes are in my room
And his voice is a familiar sound, Nothing lasts forever but this is getting good now

You see me in hindsight, Tangled up with you all night
Burning it down, Someday when you leave me
I bet these memories, Follow you around

...I can still remember it all.
He left.
I knew why.
And I thought,
It can’t get worse than this.

We met when I was 18, then we met again when I was 21. I grew, learned, and matured so much in three years. At 18, he was interested. At 21, I was curious. At 18, I gave him butterflies. At 21, I felt them myself. At 18, I wore a summer dress with a smile on. At 21, my make up was smeared. At 18, the nights were so short. At 21, the nights couldn’t end any sooner. At 18, I had his heart. At 21, he ripped mine apart

I remember all the times I thought about him in the car. The long, awaited, short text messages. The uncertainty of where things were headed. I was good, too good to him. Not because he deserved it, but because of who I am.

Taylor Swift and I work out pretty good. She writes the songs. I write the story :P

This photo was taken in 2012 when my family went on a roadtrip that my sister planned out. We drove through Yellowstone National Park and through a storm.

For reading this far, let me entertain you with this video. I hope it'll give you a good laugh...or not. That video makes me miss my long hair, but this video makes me miss my short bob cut too. Watching that video again brought me back to a time when my partner didn't teach me the guitar when he played it. He also thought I didn't have the best vocal voice, which may be true, but even if it was true, that's something you lie through to your partner to help them get better at it. I'm not saying to give false hope, but at least be part of the solution. I mean, how do you go/stay in a relationship not wanting the best for your partner? Not wanting to help them. Not wanting to lift their spirits. Isn't that what we look for? Someone that believes in us when we can't even see the light at the end of the tunnel. He didn't teach me how to play (or believed I could), and I was determined to learn the guitar more than what I knew when I was with him. These were my moments of motivation. I'm not saying that I wanted to prove him wrong. I'm saying that it was a lesson well learned.

As always, thank you for reading. Feel free to share. comment. like. subscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram