I am glad I have a car rental experience to share with everyone today. Remember that time I bought tickets from Frontier for $33/person/1 way? Well, the return flight never dropped, but I wasn't alarmed. Once it was time to leave, I resorted to a car rental back home, which meant a 12 hour drive home!
My first rental was from the Atlanta airport. For just pickup at 4am to drop off at midnight, it was $80.50. My second time was with Enterprise for 3 days, for half of that cost; just $45! Obviously, when you drop it off at a different location, the costs will be more. I just needed to get home at at that time, so I couldn't be too picky.
Here are the tips
- Book it at a smaller and local rental, and try to book online; Enterprise doesn't have any crazy cancellations fees or cut off time.
- Drop off at a location that allows key drop off; the airport ones will charge you for this
- Get the weekend rates by staying from Thurs/Fri-Mon/Tues
- Make sure the reservation is for someone age 25+ (anyone over 18 can rent, but there's a fee just for being under 25)
- Don't add additional drivers...
When you rent Friday - Tuesday = $13/day
When you rent Saturday - Tuesday = $23.97/day