This Is Your Death Movie Review & Comments

The show is about people suicide on live tv for money that will be given to people they care about because they're so stressed out. Josh Duhamel is a tv host and witnessed a death on a show called Marry A Millionaire. The girl that "didn't win" found a gun and shot the millionaire. At first, Josh was traumatized someone was killed in front of him, but he used his response to see there is a need for truth in reality tv. As a result, he creates a show for people to suicide on tv to get donations. Then the show gets super popular and they have to keep up with the ratings, which means 'crazier' things. Then his sister got super concerned and she knew there was only one way for him to see how dangerous the show was getting.

TWIST/SPOILER ALERT: His sister goes on the show at the turning point of the movie! AHHHA! The suicide is super secure and one has to go around the building to get there. When he realized it was his sister, he wanted her to stop. He yelled and cried. When he finally got to her, he yelled everyone to call 9-1-1, but no one did and it hit him that the people who had suicide didn't have the moment his sister had of someone reaching out to them. That was the unfair part for everyone else on the show. While the whole plot was about him creating the show, the side plot was a hard-working father who got fired from his job and had to pay a house mortgage. He constantly ignored the show and despised the show, but was convinced when the grand 'prize' was 1 million dollars.

He went after the sister and his family flashed before his eyes, so he stopped. He said he didn't want the money anymore and rather be with his family. The end.

I would highly recommend this movie for everyone to watch. I want people to know they're really and literally worth more than a million dollars. Life gets better. People care about you even if you think they don't. It made me realize that I don't need to go on game shows, although I do love that Chain spelling game. Ultimately, money doesn't solve anything. Your time is precious. Don't work all the time. Life is short, have a morning to yourself; have a moment to yourself. Talk to God and see the moments God is trying to communicate with you too.

This movie had moments that reminded me of my family, especially my mom. My mom works hard and is super selfless. The family in there had some of their necessities cut, which reminded me of when it happened to my own family.

It's just really sad that someone or our self sometimes think ending a life is the solution, but it's not. I don't want to be stuck with a mortgage and feel like I have to work night and days to pay for it; mortgage slavery? Recently, I've been watching van life and tiny house and I'm obsessed. I dislike the idea of a landlord. I even dislike more of the idea that someone has an upper hand and the ability to tell me I can't live somewhere. I've never experienced that in my life because of my mom's hard work to provide a home for us.

Renting for the past 2.5 years made me realize how important a home is and how that is the greatest love someone can give you. Maybe you don't have Nike shoes or brand name clothes, but a home can never be replaced. Family can never be replaced. There is no amount of money in the world that can replace people you love. "No silver or no gold could dress me up so good," Boom Clap-Charli XCX.

The other point I want to talk about is reality show in general. I don't watch The Bachelor or Bachelorette at all. I just don't get it. Here we are in 'real life' shaming cheating or 'talking' to other people. Yet, so many of us, mainly females, watch this show. Like, why would I watch a show about a guy who kisses 20+ women to find out he wants to marry them. On top of that, literally spends a day with a different girl, but then we have a problem with players in real life? And ultimately, HE has the power to dismiss whoever. What's worse is that this is all justified because he's a 'bachelor' on a reality show, so it's ok? Only in America where you can do dumb things and get away with it because of a camera rolling. smh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram