Getting Ready For Van Life


I've been watching so many van life videos, but this one is the most "REAL" one that spoke to me. I love watching Youtubers that start off with like 200 subscribers and seeing them rise.

After watching this video, I realized God had put everything in place for me to get started on van life. I have watched tiny house and van life for the past 2 months and it just seems to be the right fit for me. I don't have kids that I have to provide for and keep safe, but even that can be done. So how has God set me up for this?

1. Ultimately, accidentally renewing my lease was the beginning of the wrong, but right path. This leads my current landlord to keep me on a 4-month lease only and she doesn't plan to renew it either because I have caused her that whole leasing issue. I respect that and she has the upper hand; beggars can't be choosers. At that point, I knew I had to figure out my next move in 4 months if she doesn't 'renew' my lease. But EFFF THAT! I never put myself in a situation where I have no control and have to "need" someone else's resource, so I'm coming for you VAN LIFE.

2. I quit my pretty good paying job. I just quit. I didn't give a 2 week notice because my employer didn't deserve it. The owner I worked for was...I'll keep it to myself and remain professional.

3. I bummed for about 2 weeks before I found a leasing position. It's not hardcore money I get, but it's what I want to do eventually. This also meant I knew the good spots in the neighborhoods too.

4. I lost one of my fun side and completely remote job because I didn't give 100%. That was completely my fault though. The person I worked with was an amazing person. She has a beautiful and funny soul. She's really doing what she does to help the people she has.

5. Lastly, I landed a job that I actually enjoy doing and working on things I want to use professionally.

After watching that video up there ^, I took a shower and realized that God listens as usual and knew this about me. I currently have 2 jobs that are full-time combined. I'm always on the road, so that's free parking.


Why I'm considering van life:

1. My sister lives about 30 minutes away, but I don't want to commute that far to work. In addition to that, I like my privacy and running my own time. When you're in someone's home, you have to respect their schedule. I can still ship things to her house though :D

2. I hate paying rent. I even hate it more that someone else has the ability to tell me to leave.

3. I need to work out. All I do is lounge anyway. Ya know, back to basics without technology.

Van life would be beneficial to me in these ways:

1. MOM: Give my mom my Camry since I'm not sure when I can get her a "new" car, but my car is pretty decent.

2. PUNCTUAL: Be on time for work, because I'll be waiting to work lol. I feel like I've been late to work was because I lounge too long before actually heading out. I could blame traffic too, but I'll take it all.

3. MINIMALISM: Have less. I have a lot of unnecessary things. After my 2nd move, I realized I needed to get rid of a lot of things. Once I got rid of my dining table, it felt easy to let go. Then I got rid of my huge dresser. Now I just need to sell all of my things before November comes.

4. TRAVEL: I'll always have to find a park or an event to park.

5. WORK OUT: Since I won't have a 'home', I'll constantly need to park somewhere and a place to shower. Anytime fitness has a gym membership for $20/month, which is enough to park for a few hours legally and use the bathroom.

6. MONEY: I'm so surprised this wasn't at the top of my list. I'll be saving $500+ on rent. The gas I have to pay for are things I'm already doing every day. I plan to pay off my credit card with interest, then my student loans over 4%, and by that time my 0% interest balances will have to get paid off. While that's all happening, save for a house/property down payment. I think if you've read this far, then I'll tell you that I plan to buy while I'm doing van life, so I can legally park somewhere anyway while having the option to use it as income after the principal portion is paid.

I've been looking at cars, so I just want to spend about $2-$3k on a car. My brother is also going to join van life too. Josh has insulation experience. I have money to get this done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram