How To Be A Minimalist | Anyone Can Be A Minimalist

Hello everyone. I have no clickbait photos for this blog, but just tips about how to be a minimalist while you listen to the audio from above. I used to be an apartment leasing agent in the capital of Wisconsin, Madison. I showed/rented studios by the university that ranged from $600-$1300. I always wondered how people lived and thought about how small it was. The minimalist in me can definitely handle that now if that becomes my reality.

First of all, you don't need an all-white room theme, what you already have is fine. I made all my changes naturally over the course of four years, so don't go out and buy a white comforter set today (but ehhh, I ain't stopping you from living YOUR BEST LIFE!). I've been in a different space recently and got to reflect on how I still carried my minimalist habits. Lezzzzgo!
  1. Always make your bed. Your room will be clean and look "minimal" just by making your bed. I wish I had a dirty photo to share, but the 17-year old messy me is gone.
  2. Have a space for everything. You can have everything, but don't put it everywhere!
  3. Hang all your clothes. Try not to let your clothes lay around, it just looks well...messy.
  4. Limit your furniture. I only have a desk and a bed frame. The more things you have, the more surface to just hoard. I recently had a ladder shelf and it just hoarded the things I couldn't let go.
  5. This last one is hard, but just try to look through things you no longer use. If it's over 5+ years, just let it go. Toss it right in the garbage. The next time you'll use it is in 5 years and by then, you'll have a replacement/alternative for it.
Personally, I don't have anything on my wall because 1) have you patched a hole before? it's a pain. 2) It'll get boring, now I need to "change it up." 3) It's more clutter 4) It costs money lol. and even if it didn't, it's probably #3. Maybe I'll do a room tour, which is really just three blank walls. The highlight of my room would be my desk lol.

Once you've worked on your room, I encourage you to try the other rooms as well, especially the bathroom. Like, why do you need two same shampoo bottles in the shower? Are you washing your hair twice? Just put one away!! Don't get me started with the face wash, body lotion, and toothbrush. If you're a family of four, why are there eight toothbrushes and three toothpaste?!!!!???!! Not just in one, but all three bathrooms!!! ahhhh!!! LOL. Nothing is wrong with a lot of things, but just be organized; be an organized hoarder. Being a minimalist in a family can be hard, but my advice is that you stay clean because that's who you are. 

You don't have to become a minimalist overnight. I slowly started in 2016 and got really aggressive in 2018. Two years later, I think I'm 7/10 of the way there. Recently, I've stayed at my brother's tiny room that only had a bed and a closet. I brought enough clothes for two weeks and hung them to stay clean/organized. I only have a makeup bag, toothbrush, shampoo, and conditioner as my necessity. I feel trained for a backpack or road trip. 

When I first moved back home, my entire Camry was filled, and I had to make more trips after that. Other than my mattress, I can relocate within a day if my wild side wants me to see the world! LOL. Who knows, car life for the summer for my YT channel just might come true. But idk, kinda hate hiking alone and I'd be scared to sleep alone; and I'd be homesick. But maybe that's what God has instore for me since this mortgage plan is delayed. Okay, I'm getting off topic. I just want to tell myself I'm so proud of the changes I've made and the only way is up.

-Choua

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram