2018: Making it Count!


Can you believe it's been 10 years since I graduated high school??!! Class of 2008! I just feel like it's been 10 years and all I've really accomplished in that time was 1) graduate college 2) 2011 Camry 3) Thailand 4) and lived on my own for five years. But I didn't want the list to end there, I still have THIS year to make the last 10 years count. 1) Pay off student loans and other debts 2) buy a house 3) maybe buy another car 4) travel more 5) start my own company or whatever 6) work for a place that allows me to have a life with my other hobbies. I think that's all I really want 2018 and my 10 years to end. That way, I can transition into my 30's with family and kids. I just want to be a mother that has time for her family and not have to depend on a "job" to make ends meet. I have to find alternative income ... and living. I'm thinking tiny home!

My second goal this year is not only to be left with my 3.15% student loans if I don't pay it all off, is to also contribute to my ROTH IRA I opened in 2016. Trust me, if you don't start, you're never going to start. Just open an account, put in $10 or $100, I DON'T CARE. Just open it. Setting up is always the hardest part. I will be doing $100/month MINIMUM toward it = $1,200, max/year is $5,500. I have transferred all my small cards to my big BOA card, so it should be exciting to have those 4 smaller cards appear "paid in full" at the next credit report card. I should only have 4 major cards: SEARS, BOA 1, BOA 2, and CHASE. I don't care if people are seeing my finances, the internet is my planner.

In addition to taking down debt, my car will be paid off too! Everything will fall into place to make me qualify for a 200k home! LOL. But that's not very smart. I would buy a $40k-60k house, rent it at the price of a $150k home. I live in the $150k and rent the $40k. The 40k renters pay $800 toward my $150k home and I cover $400 of the 40k property. Real estate seems so simple.

Once I pay off all this dumb debt I've been carrying, I won't care if I make $10/hr or $50/hr :D! Money will no longer define or determine my life rules. I shall travel the world and buy a home before turning 30. I knew there was something about being 28 :D I will be working 4 days a week and spending 3 day weekends traveling. Well, hmmm a whole summer off or a year-round job with 3 day weekends = 52 places and still get 2 weeks vacation somehow. Or just become my own boss with Amazon FBA.

After all this, I can be at peace with the idea of marriage (?) and pregnancy. I won't be such a feminist and chill out with the idea of women in the kitchen. In fact, I'll stay home so I can be in the kitchen every day! I'll finally have kids at 32, 33, 34, and 35. So when my last kid is 21, I'll be 56.

I could've done this five years ago, but I just didn't really have any other goals. I cut myself short. To dream big is the best thing you can do for yourself. Don't limit yourself.

Ok, 1-year plan and min income of $2k from all my hustling

1) Pay off $4.5k student loans (02-09) (Feb, March, April)
2) Pay off 1.5k SEARS (0% apr) (May)
3) Pay off 2k BOA Balance (0% apr) (June-July)
4) Split with (4.2k) Roth  pay off (5k) student loans | and leftover for a house down payment (Aug-Sept-Oct-Nov-Dec)

Going the house option earlier
1) Pay off $4.5k student loans (02-09) (Feb, March, April)
2) House down payment (4k) (May-June-July)
3) Pay off 1.5k SEARS (0% apr) 2k BOA 1 balance (0% apr) (Aug-Sep-Oct)
4) (4.2k) Roth 
5) Pay off (5k) student loans (Nov-Dec)
6) Work toward paying off 6k BOA 2

Thanks for keeping up with my journey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram