God's Plan - no, not Drake's song

I was very “social” before hitting age 25 :D. I had “friends” and part of friends was being around their others friends to; basically, a lot of people. One kind of people that I often didn’t get along with the most were Christians. To be clear, I don’t hate Christians or anyone that belongs to any religious group. I simply hate when one tries to shove their religion or ideas in my throat. I think we are all more alike than different, so we just have different names of what we believe in and also at a different commitment.

A believer of whatever religion will always say theirs is the better one; the mightier one. I happen to be around Christian believers so they would say the usual “believe in Jesus” or “Jesus is the almighty” and so on. The conversation eventually lead to me saying, “Well, if Jesus is real, why doesn’t s/he show up right now or do something to show they’re real?” Obviously, not a very good way to discuss religion.

Anyway, today, I’ve reached a different light. Imagine this with whoever your mighty/supreme one is. For the past six months, there was an issue that bothered me a lot. After doing some math today, it just happened to be the exact math I needed for the issue that bothered me. That’s just the short version of my enlightenment and not the point of this entry.

The point of this entry isn’t that God, Allah, Jesus, or whoever is real or fake. It is that whatever bigger power is out there, they are watching you. They have a plan for you. They won’t show up at your door. They won’t make you a millionaire from your sadness. They won’t give you a promotion after you’ve dedicated your soul to a job. They won’t give you a job after you get fire. Believing in a bigger power is not instant access to your need. Believing in a bigger power is to understand that what you went through and are going to go through is just a part of the plan.

Some days are going to suck. Some days are going to be great. It is all just a plan. So on the days it sucks, don’t let that get in your head. On the days it’s great, be grateful. Someone is watching you and things will be ok. Carry on. Get up, dress up, and show up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram