Dear Love,

press play before reading to set the mood :D
Dear Love,

I was really scared of you, not because of you, but because of my expectations for you. I just don’t want you to fail and leave both of us heartbroken. But I’ve decided to tell you what I expect and it might be a lot. I'm serious, I’m going to expect you to do a lot for me.

I put on a tough-girl show, but I might expect you to pay for a few dates and maybe pick me up too. I’ve been hurt before, so I'm going to expect you to hold me if I ever cry because of how happy you make me. I hate the winter, so I expect you to warm my hands when they're cold. Carry me if I'm tire because I have to wear high heels to look as good as you. Drive us when we’re on the road because my driving won’t get us there. Maybe I’ll want your 2 cents once in a while if I really need it, because I’ve got things figured most of the time. I might expect you to run to the store in the middle of the night to get ice cream because I want to stay up all night and watch a movie, so you won’t have to deal with a moody me. Yes, I expect you to dress up for Halloween and Hmong New Year . On our monthly anniversaries, I am going to expect Raffaellos with a side of Kit-kat, or Twix (I still want the chocolate part of the Valentine's’ spirit). Save yourself the roses, maybe you should get something that lasts, like socks because it’s still cold in February. Maybe Valentines can be an exception for roses, so you can join the I-got-my-partner -flowers group. Don’t get a dozen either. Get one, because I am your only one and you are mine. Can you also play a song for me, please?

If my day is bad, I expect you to make me happy. When I am really bored, I expect you to entertain me with all your stories. I know you might also want to join the I-hate-photos club, but I am going to expect you to get a few good shots of us at these amazing times, so we can look back at how much we enjoyed each other when we’re old. Love, even if you might not be talented, can you pretend to be good at something? I guess pretending can be your talent, but don't pretend in this relationship. There is a difference. I expect you to be faithful. Know that when you cheat on me, you're cheating yourself more :P Do I really need to remind you to respect me? When you don't, you are pretty much disrespecting your mom, sisters, aunts, and all females in the world!

Love, some time during our relationship, I might not like you anymore, or you might not like me anymore, we might even be mean to each other, but I expect you to work on this with me. Finally, I expect you to love me and I hope that’s not too much I’m asking for. I may ask for a lot, but I know I can give just as much.

Love,
Lover

P.S. I expect you to help with the dishes.
“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” - Roy Croft

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram